12 Days Reading Challenge
Welcome to a fun and festive reading game, hosted by Cal (@ Constant Raving Reviews). The aim of this game is to indulge in one of the most celebrated holidays around the world, while also delving into one of our shared hobbies.
Feel free to pick and choose what you read! I hope you have a splendid Christmas.
All participants are welcome to enter their name for a chance to win a free book that they choose.
- Anyone is allowed to join. This isn’t for religious purposes, but is inspired by the Christian symbols in the folk-song.
- Try to follow the reading prompts. This is FOR AND RUN by a young adult, so I’d love to see books about teens.
- Follow the prompts in ANY order.
- Post about it when you finish a mini-challenge. I want to read your reviews!
- Submit a Google form if you want to enter for your chance to win the reading challenge prize!
- Blog/tweet/Yahoo all about it! Use #12DaysofReading2018.
- Share what’s on your TBR! #ReadingChallengeTBR.
- A partridge in a pear tree,
Read a book about “the chosen one”.
- Two turtle doves,
Read a book that only focuses on one or two main characters.
- Three French hens,
These birds originally signify ‘faith, hope and charity’ – read a book that was gifted to you.
- Four calling birds,
Read a book with 4 or more characters that you love.
- Five gold(en) rings,
Reminiscent of the fall of humanity, the Pentateuch. Read a book featuring a villain that you love to root for.
- Six geese a-laying,
Read a book that has a completely different world to our own.
- Seven swans a-swimming,
Read a book that you think will be your next 5/5 starred read.
- Eight maids a-milking,
Read a book that features bad-ass women milking the life out of every lowly oppressor.
- Nine ladies dancing,
The nine fruits of the Holy Spirit feature values of patience and self-control. Read a book that you couldn’t wait to read until after Christmas day.
- Ten lords a-leaping,
Read a book featuring royalty/monarchy.
- Eleven pipers piping,
Read a book that features betrayal.
- Twelve drummers drumming.
Read a Christmas-themed book.